Saturday 29 June 2013

Peonies Blooms Coming to An End

It has been two weeks since I last posted pictures.  There were so many peonies and so little time to enjoy them.  I visited a private garden that had many more beautiful peonies, that mine is but a dream in comparison.  I have a few more pictures of the garden to share with you.

Here are some more of the pinks that bloomed
 






This was sent as Black Beauty.




Bowl of Beauty had lots of blossoms.
Auten's Pride
 
Lauren
 
Queen of Hamburg
Tom Eckhardt

Whopper
 
 
 
Here are some of the whites:
 
 
Krinkled White
 
 
 
 
 
La Cygne had five blossoms that opened at once on the same stem.

 
 
 
Shirley Temple

Top Brass

Nick Shaylor


And Some more of the Reds:

 
Barrington Belle

 
Brands Magnificent


Chestine Growdy


 
Paul M Wild

Midnight Sun

Betty Warner




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am sure that I have missed some of them.  The pink that came with the house is just opened now, I think it might be Humei.  It has a wonderful hint of cinnamon scent when it first opens.  We have had so much rain, that even in the raised beds the roots have standing water around them.  Some of the other flowers in the garden are now starting to come out.  I hope that you have enjoyed some of the pictures from the garden this year.  I will be expecting some more peonies to add to the peonies garden this fall.  I will only be adding bare roots.  This seems to be the most successful way to have plants that will bloom and grow to healthy plants.  I have become a member of the Canadian Peony Society.  The members are so great and supportive.  If you have peonies I would suggest you join. Have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment