Wednesday 25 June 2014

Peonies third week of blooms

Warmer weather and rain, brought more peonies than I could ever imagine.  There was 36 blooms by the end of the week.  The beginning of the week only had one more blossom then three more two days later.  I started to worry what I would be able to bring to the Peony Festival in Oshawa.  I was hoping with the later date that I would have lots to bring to the show.   There were many of peonies in the garden by June 13th. There were new plants this year and a few that have been here for three years and bloomed for the first time.  The reds are really coming together.  The corals are full and the yellows are doing well.  The pinks and the whites are just starting as I write this blog.  These are the peonies that bloomed June 7th to 13th 2014.

































There were several peonies for the Oshawa Peony Festival.  It was an exciting week watching them open and trying to keep up with recording the date they opened.  Weeding is becoming a full time job.  Hope you enjoy some of the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment