Monday 28 May 2012

Prairie Moon


Rain and warm weather have brought more peonies in the new bed.  Today the Prairie Moon is blooming.  It is in the yellow garden and has three blossoms with one open today.  There is a light scent, but beautiful flower.  Prairie Moon is from a supplier in Ontario and came as a root in the fall.  I am very happy with this pick for the yellow garden.


Today also brought one of my favourite flowers from the peony garden that was moved into the pink garden.  I do not know the name.  It came to me twelve years ago from my Aunt Helen's house.  It is very fragrant, and strong stem.  It is a dark pink and makes a lovely cut flower.  The flowers and plant are smaller than normal but there are lots of flowers this year.



I just found the name.  This is Imperial Red!  Next year I will have many plants of this flower.  I am so happy that I was able to finally identify this plant.



No comments:

Post a Comment